When a family law issue weighs heavy on your mind, having a skilled attorney on your side can make a great deal of difference in your overall well-being and on the outcome of your case. At Powell Law Group, PC, in Richmond, Virginia, we offer comprehensive family law services to people throughout the state of Virginia. We are known for our ethical, professional advocacy and the creativity we bring to each case.
If you have a family law need, call a law firm that will persistently pursue the most favorable outcome for you, your children and your future. Call Powell Law Group, PC, today toll free at 800-996-6503 or locally at 804-794-4030.
Complete Family Law Representation
Powell Law Group, PC, makes every effort to resolve your family law problem in as amicable a manner as possible. As trial attorneys, we do not shy away from litigation. However, we recognize that negotiated settlements save our clients money, time and stress. Our attorneys welcome your questions about family law matters. We invite you to talk to us about any of the following:
- Divorce: Our attorneys seek sound, workable solutions to your divorce concerns. We are willing to go to trial if necessary, but we prefer — for your sake — to reach settlement agreements outside the courtroom.
- Child support: In Virginia, child support is determined using a statutory formula. We can help you understand the formula and ensure the proper amount is determined.
- Spousal support: Spousal support (alimony) is determined by a set of factors and can be awarded on a permanent or temporary basis. Whether you are seeking support or will pay support, we can ensure a fair amount is determined.
- Property division: In Virginia, marital property, assets and debts undergo equitable distribution. Our firm can help you negotiate with the other party, rather than leaving the decision in a judge’s hands.
- Child custody and visitation: Child custody and visitation arrangements are found in the best interests of the children.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: A prenuptial agreement (established prior to the marriage) or a postnuptial agreement (established during the marriage) serves to protect your premarital assets in the event of a divorce.
- Paternity actions: Are you a mother who wishes to establish paternity of your child to obtain child support payments? Are you a father seeking to establish paternity to obtain visitation time? Our firm represents mothers and fathers in paternity actions.
Whatever your family law need, Powell Law Group, PC, is dedicated to providing you with an honest assessment of your case and seeking the results you desire. Call us today to arrange your consultation. We can be reached toll free at 800-996-6503 or locally at 804-794-4030. You may also contact us online.